Sunday, April 19, 2009
I will be on the 7 Day Challenge from tomorrow. The husband has kindly agreed to be with me "for better or for worse".
I picked it up from Rads and following are the rules. I am going to work around couple of those rules, because rules are meant to worked around if not broken
* One week -- starting Monday to the next Monday. Okay, done. April 20th to April 27th
* No sugars -- I need sugar in my tea, twice a day. I can switch to Splenda, doesn't say No Splenda(see I am stickler to rules actually)
* No Alcohol -- Given up, am a saint already
* No Grains -- This is the one that lured me and yet this is the hardest for me. Needed a lot of thinking, re-thinking and planning
* No processed foods -- What, no Marie with my tea ??? Guys does Marie Biscuit or any cracker come under category "processed" ?
* Not eat out at all-- Going to be tough for the weekend. Got to decide weekend menu
* Workout everyday -- Not possible. I manage one zumba class and maybe one more gym session a week. No time or desire to leave the kids and go exercise. If weather is good I will try taking a walk each day. The husband might take this up
* Eat veggies -- Ok, maybe I will even eat the tender Spring grass and hugely reduce my grocery bill
* Eat Fruits - Not too much I guess
* Eat meat and eggs -- I will eat fish and eggs. This is an opportunity to get good eats into my system so I will stick with fresh fish and limited meat
* Fast for 18 hours - I am going to drink water and juice and tea, that is how I fast. I will stop eating Friday around 8 pm and have Saturday Lunch by 2 pm
I have a spreadsheet with probable menu for 5 work days, hopefully I will stick to it. Since no processed food(no ketchup, pickle ??) or eat out was allowed along with no grains it was not easy to plan. I also wanted to control fat in my food though that wasn't one of the conditions. This also needed some prep work on Sunday.
The menu is up here on my spreadheet. The menu seems to have plenty of food, I am not sure if it will be more or less so I will update it as necessary.
I chose simple, light, fancy free recipes which are moderately spicy and Indianized and have tried to plan a balanced meal. Got some idea from Sig's SBD Phase 1. This is NOT SBD though and I can eat a lot of things which maybe they can't.
Check my 7 Day Challenge Meal Planner Spreadsheet
The original challenge or tag started here.
Why am I doing this ? For exact reasons mentioned by the originator. I needed a push to make a change like like getting rid of all carbs. Only the end will show if I am fitter, better for it.
Anyone want to join ? Come on take it up and use the following icon I made if you want