After your verification and validation, come back and read the post. I am waiting, come on.
Now that you have read the tales and lore in the First Edition, get ready, tap your brain, day dream, lose your job while doing it and write your very own Food Fiction for "Of Chalks and Chopsticks -- 2nd Edition".
Yes, there is a 2nd Edition. And don't you roll your eyes, what is wrong with a 2nd Edition ?
So please, pretty please, write a food fiction, a story around the food you cook, and eat and serve. Even if you don't like cooking, wonly eating is your motto of life, there should be a story around that food, write that while you eat, and send it to me.
Usually writers and creative people are ummm very creative and do not like to be restrained or curbed or told to walk on the pavement and not bang on the middle of the road. So I am not sure if you would like the idea of a theme to framework your food fiction on. But Sunday being Mothers Day and all, I thought what if your fiction has to do with Mothers, not necessarily yours, it is fiction so any Mother would do, any Mother who is human and has offsprings and has dealt with human poop and joy would do, a female one would be better.
But this is not necessary, just a suggestion.Your fiction can be anything as long as there is food going with it.
If the concept interests and challenges you, this is what you need to do(following rules are set by Aqua, I am just copying):
1. Spin us a yarn - an original one. It could either be based on a real incident or could be something competely imaginary. Explore any genre: humour, romance, mystery, paranormal etc.
2. The story you write has to be related to the food you will cook or eat or discuss in that post.
3. There is no word limit on the story you write, but it has to be written in one single post.
4. Archived posts are accepted (though writing a new one for this event would be highly appreciated).
5. Posts written for this event CAN be shared with other events.
6. Link your post to this post and Aqua's post
Aqua's post: http://servedwithlove.blogspot.com/2010/04/of-chalks-and-chopsticks.html
Post your story and the recipe between now and June 9th and mail it to me at: sandeepa(dot)blog(at)gmail(dot)com
Include the following details in your mail:
1. Name and URL of your blog
2. Title and URL of your post
Eagerly looking forward to your entries for "Of Chalks and Chopsticks" brainchild of Aqua, co hosted by Sra and me and written by all of you.
Happy Mothers Day !!